Samsung Pay guide
What's on this page
How to set up Samsung Pay
You can set up Samsung Pay using the Samsung Pay app.
- a device compatible with Samsung Pay
- your Nationwide debit or credit card(s)
- the Samsung Pay app.
Some Samsung devices come with the Samsung Pay app already installed. If yours doesn’t have it, you can download it:
- from the Google Play store, or
- through Galaxy Apps.
Set up instructions
- Open the Samsung Pay app.
- Follow the setup process.
- Add your Nationwide debit or credit cards.
Remember, you can add:
- more than one card to a device
- the same card to more than one device.
Using Samsung Pay
You can use Samsung Pay with retailers that display the contactless or Samsung Pay logo.
There’s no limit to how much you can pay in one transaction. But some retailers might set their own limits for Samsung Pay payments.
Samsung Pay not working?
Find out what to do if Samsung Pay isn’t working when you try to make a payment.
If you’re using Samsung Pay for the first time
- Make sure your device is up to date – check your settings for any updates you need to make.
- Check your card is listed in the Samsung Pay app – there might be some more steps you need to take to finish setting it up.
If you’ve used Samsung Pay before
Check the retailer accepts Samsung Pay
Look out for the contactless or Samsung Pay logo.
Check that your card isn't frozen
If you froze your debit card when it was lost, Samsung Pay will still work.
You can use the Banking app to:
- Unfreeze your card, if you've found it
- Report it lost or stolen. If you can’t find your card. Samsung Pay will work while you're waiting for your replacement card.
Contact us if you're still having problems
We’ll do what we can to help – you can call us or speak to us in branch.
What to do if your card is lost or stolen
If your card's been lost or stolen you can report your card as missing, or freeze your card to stop all transactions until you find it.
Report your card missing
When you tell us your card is missing, we’ll cancel it and post a new one to you. You can continue to use Samsung Pay while you wait for your new card. Once your new card is ready, we’ll automatically update the card details in Samsung Pay for you.
Freeze your debit card
You can freeze a lost debit card in the Banking app. While your card is frozen, it can't be used to make payments, however Samsung Pay will continue to work.
If your card turns up, you can unfreeze it straight away and start using it again.
Report your card lost or stolen
How to remove a card from Samsung Pay
You can remove your card from the Samsung Pay app if you don’t want to use it anymore.
Remove your card
How to remove a card from the app depends on the device you’re using.
Lost or stolen device?
Using another computer, you can lock your device by logging in to Samsung’s Find my Mobile website (opens in a new window)
If you still need help
If you can’t remove your Nationwide card from your device, we can help. Please call or visit us in branch.