Illness and unexpected change
Sometimes life can be challenging. Our Specialist Support team is here to help when you need it most.
Who we can help
We offer a confidential service to help customers and their carers manage their Nationwide accounts, especially during challenging times like:
- living with or recovering from an illness, such as cancer or depression
- having problems remembering things about your accounts
- caring for a loved one.
Whatever the situation, please get in touch. We’ll do everything we can to help.
What we do
As a building society, our customers come first. And we’re here to help you stay on top of your money when life feels tough.
We never judge or put any pressure on you. Instead we will take the time to listen to your situation. Then, when we understand what you’re going through, we'll provide you with tailored support.
There’s no one size fits all with how we help when it comes to your Nationwide accounts. Our specially trained team can assist with financial concerns you, or your family, may have.
How we can help you
When you get in touch, you’ll speak with one of our Specialist Support Managers. They’ll listen to you, talk through your concerns and look at how we could assist you. This can include:
- Talking through your immediate money worries.
- Reviewing your income and outgoings with you.
- Seeing if we can make managing your finances easier.
- One-to-one support with your Nationwide products e.g. credit cards, mortgages, savings, or current accounts.
- Agreeing a personalised plan for the future, based on your financial situation and circumstances.
- Looking at how loved ones or carers may be able to help manage your money - if that is something you'd like to know more about.
- Giving you practical support to help take back control of your money if you're dealing with financial abuse.
What we can offer will depend on your personal situation. Your Specialist Support Manager will discuss the options available. If we can't help, we may know of trusted organisations who could cater to your needs.
One point of contact, one call away
Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Saturday 9am to 1pm
0800 917 2393
Visit us in branch
Prefer to speak face to face?
Don't feel like talking right now?
We understand talking about your concerns is never easy. So, if you’re not quite ready to talk, you might find these helpful:
More help and information
From health and housing to debt and money, Citizens Advice offers free, independent and impartial advice to help people find a way forward, whatever the problem.
Citizens Advice (opens in a new window)
If your life has been affected by cancer, Macmillan can provide support and someone to talk to.
Macmillan Cancer Support (opens in a new window)