Income Protection Benefit
Flexible income protection, tailored to your needs. Provided by our trusted partners Legal & General.
Why use Income Protection Benefit?
Income Protection Benefit pays out monthly when you’re too ill or injured to work.
This cover could help you pay the mortgage or rent, bills and everyday expenses.
Legal & General offer a choice of waiting periods, limited benefit periods and an increasing plan to help protect the monthly benefit against inflation.
- Limitations and exclusions apply – when considering cover, always check the policy document for details.
- Income Protection is not a savings or investment product ‐ it will only pay out if a valid claim is made.
To apply for Income Protection Benefit
You need to be:
- Aged 18 to 59 years old
- A UK resident
- Have been registered with a UK GP for 2 years or more
Income Protection Benefit does not include:
This policy pays out if you’re off work due to illness or injury.
Cover for over 70s
Any policy you take out will end on your 70th birthday or chosen retirement age, whichever is earlier.
Want to learn more about covering your income? Read our Nationwide Income Protection Insurance guide
How to get advice and apply
To get a quote and apply, you will need to book an appointment with an adviser at Legal & General.
- Help identify your needs.
- Make recommendations for protection to suit your personal circumstances.
- Help you make your application.
Request an appointment
You can book an appointment with an adviser at Legal & General either by phone or email.
Please include information on what you need help with and an adviser will contact you to arrange an appointment.