What to do if you've forgotten your PIN
You can request a PIN reminder if you want to keep the same one. Or you can request a brand new PIN. Either way, your PIN will arrive by post in 3-5 working days.
If your PIN is locked, contactless will only work until a certain number of transactions has been made or a value of up to £130 has been spent. Once you have a new PIN, you’ll need to use a cash machine or make a Chip and PIN purchase to get it working again.
Request a PIN reminder in the Internet Bank
- Log in to the Internet Bank using your memorable data and passnumber.
- Go to the ‘View accounts’ tab at the top of the page.
- Select the relevant account.
- From the left hand menu, choose 'Other account services'.
- From the Account services menu, choose 'Request a PIN reminder'.
- Enter the last 8 digits of your 16 digit card number.
- Click 'Request PIN'.
- We'll send you a PIN reminder to your registered address within 3-5 working days.
Request a new PIN over the phone
- Make sure you have your account details or customer number to hand.
- Give us a call on 03457 30 20 11 (open 7 days a week, 8am to 8pm).
- Choose the "Current account, Internet Banking and credit cards" option.
- We'll send you a new PIN to your registered address within 3-5 working days.
In the meantime
While you're waiting for your PIN, we can help you withdraw cash, make a payment or change your details in branch. Remember to bring some ID with you.