Buy a car with a Nationwide loan
Own the car outright
If your loan covers the full cost of the car.
Have fixed monthly payments
They won't change during the term of your loan.
No hidden fees
We won't charge you for setting up, overpaying or settling your loan early.
Receive your loan fast
Once approved, you'll have the money in your Nationwide current account in 2 hours.
To apply for a loan
You need to:
- have a Nationwide current account
- have the right to live and work in the UK for the term of the loan. We don't accept applications from the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man
- be between 18 and 79
- only have 1 existing Nationwide loan
- not have missed 3 or more credit commitments in the last 12 months
- neither be bankrupt nor have any CCJs, Individual Voluntary Arrangements or similar
- have a monthly income of at least £700 after tax. If you're self-employed, you'll need to be able to prove a minimum of 1 year's income through an accountant's certificate, SA302 form or HMRC online tax calculation.
What is the interest rate?
The interest rate depends on how much you borrow and how long you borrow for. We offer personal loans for terms from 12 months up to 7 years. You’ll need to enter the term in months when you apply.
Before you apply for a loan, think carefully about what you can afford to pay back each month. You will not be able to change the loan amount or term during the application.
6.4% APR Representative (fixed). Based on an assumed loan amount of £10,000 over 60 months at an interest rate of 6.4% p.a. (fixed). Monthly repayment £194.35. Total amount payable £11,661.00.
This representative APR applies to loans of £7,500 to £25,000 over 1 to 5 years for our members with a current account. You could be offered a different rate based on your personal circumstances. The maximum you could receive is 29.9%.