We're changing our travel insurance provider to Aviva on 1 May 2024. From that date, what and who is covered, including cover limits, will change. Before you apply for a FlexPlus current account, read about how the insurance will change.

What's included?

Exclusions and limitations apply to some types of cover, so always check the policy documents for full details. Here are some of the main benefits.

  1. Emergency medical expenses

    This includes the cost of emergency treatment. It also includes additional transport and accommodation expenses if your stay is extended or you need to return home early.

  2. Manage online or over the phone

    You can buy upgrades, make and monitor claims, and get confirmation of your cover through an online portal or over the phone.

  1. Trip cancellation

    You're covered if you need to cancel your trip or cut it short due to unforeseen circumstances. See the policy document for qualifying reasons.

  2. Temporary travel documents

    You're covered for getting emergency temporary replacement passports, visas or driving licences to get you home or safely on your way.

  1. Delays to your holiday

    This includes delayed departures, returns and connections. It also includes if you choose to abandon your outbound departure altogether due to delays. See your policy document for details on the scenarios covered.

  2. Personal belongings

    In case your personal belongings and money are lost, stolen or accidentally damaged. See the policy document for details of what items are excluded and other conditions.


You'll need to pay £13 a month to maintain a FlexPlus current account, even if you can't use the insurances.

It is not possible to have a FlexPlus account without the insurances or the insurances without a FlexPlus account.

Cover worldwide for the whole family

  • Winter sports
    This includes medical cover if you have an accident as well as cover if your ski equipment is lost, stolen or damaged. It also covers piste and avalanche closures.

  • Pandemic cover
    Cover to cancel a trip due to illness, quarantine or Government advice, as a result of a pandemic.


Excesses can apply when you claim. Please read the policy documents for details.

Who is covered?

All FlexPlus current account holders, their partners and dependent children, so long as the person is aged under 70. For anyone aged 70 or over, you'll need to buy an age upgrade.

You're covered whether you travel together or independently.

Your partner is the person the account holder lives with at their home address. You should be in a relationship, whether married or living together, regardless of gender.

A dependent child is any child, including a legally adopted, fostered or stepchild, of the account holder. To be covered, they must be all of the following:

  • under 18, or under 24 if in full-time education, on the start date of the trip
  • living with the account holder or their other parent, and
  • not married or in a civil partnership.

When does the cover start?

As soon as your FlexPlus current account opens. This includes travel insurance as well as mobile phone insurance and breakdown cover.

Sometimes, we might not be able to open your account straight away. For example, if you're opening a joint account and we need additional signatures. In these cases, your cover begins as soon as you get our letter or email saying your account is open.

What's not included?

Exclusions and limitations apply to some types of cover, so always check the policy documents for full details. Here are some of the main exclusions.

  • Cover for those aged 70 or over, unless you purchase an age upgrade.

  • Cover for trips longer than 31 days, unless you purchase a trip extension upgrade.

  • Cover for medical conditions that have not been declared to, and accepted by, the insurer.

  • Trips that do not start and end in the UK.

  • Cover for trips in the UK that last less than 2 nights.

  • Cover for trips in the UK where you do not stay in pre-booked commercially operated accommodation, such as a hotel.

  • Cover for non-UK residents. A UK resident is someone who is registered with a UK GP and spends at least 6 months of any 12-month period in the UK.


There are many upgrades available for FlexPlus travel insurance. Before you travel, make sure you have the upgrades you need to cover your trip.

Any upgrades you buy are only valid while you qualify for FlexPlus travel insurance. They have the same terms and conditions as the standard policy.

How to purchase upgrades


Do you already have a FlexPlus? To register on the portal, you'll need your current account details. For joint account holders, you'll need to register separately and use the address and personal data on your current account.

Visit the portal for FlexPlus members

Do you not yet have a FlexPlus? You can get a quote for any upgrade to help you decide if this is the right account for you.

Visit the portal for new customers

Over the phone

Whether you're a new or existing customer, you can purchase upgrades over the phone.

Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm.
Saturday, 9am to 5pm.
Sunday, 9am to 4pm.
Closed bank holidays.

0800 051 01 54

How to find alternative medical cover

If the insurer cannot offer you an upgrade to cover you for a medical condition, or the cost of an upgrade for your medical condition is more than expected, help could still be available.

The insurer has worked with the Financial Conduct Authority and Money and Pensions Service to create a directory of specialist insurance providers that you can search when they're unable to help. To find an alternative travel insurance provider:

Who provides this cover

Our FlexPlus Worldwide Family Travel Insurance is provided by U K Insurance Limited.

Our other FlexPlus insurances

Our packaged bank account, FlexPlus, also comes with worldwide UK mobile phone insurance and European breakdown cover for just £13 a month to maintain the account.

Mobile phone insurance

For your family's mobile phones, no matter where you take them.

Breakdown cover

For journeys anywhere in Europe.

For existing FlexPlus members

If you already have a FlexPlus current account, here's how you can get the assistance you need and what to do if your circumstances have changed.

Make a claim online

You can make and check on outstanding claims using the online portal. For joint account holders, you'll need to register separately and use the address and personal data on your current account when registering.

Call for emergency help while travelling

24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Call to make a new Travel Insurance claim

Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm.
Saturdays, 9am to 2pm.
Closed Sundays and bank holidays.

Call to get support with an existing Travel Insurance claim

Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
Closed weekends and bank holidays.

Call for travel insurance questions and customer services

Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm.
Saturday, 9am to 5pm.
Sunday, 9am to 4pm.
Closed bank holidays.

If your circumstances change

Family member moving out

If a family member stops living at your address, they won't be covered any more. If they are only away temporarily, for example at university, they are still covered.

Leaving the UK

If you move away from the UK, you'll still have to pay the £13 fee each month for maintaining the account. However, you won't qualify for any of the insurances that come with the account.

Cancelling your cover

The only way to cancel your travel insurance is to close your FlexPlus current account. You cannot cancel individual insurance policies, they come as a package.

If you close your FlexPlus current account, your cover and any upgrades will come to an end. You will not be able to get a refund for any upgrades you've bought outside of the 14 day cooling-off period.