FlexAccount current account
Our everyday current account where you can bank your way with no monthly fee.
Switch to a FlexAccount and you could get up to £125
If you're not yet a member, you could get £100. If you're already a member, you could get £125. It’s another example of our mutual difference and giving back to our members. Complete a full switch online to a FlexAccount from another building society or a bank, and make sure you switch over 2 Direct Debits as part of your switch. This offer is for a limited time only. Terms and conditions apply.
Features and benefits
We don’t charge a monthly fee for maintaining the account.
Bank how you like
Online, via our Internet Bank or Banking app, over the phone, or in branch.
Available as a joint bank account
This can be with your partner, a family member or a friend.
FlexAccount comes with everything you’d expect from a Nationwide current account, including:
- Contactless card payments in the UK up to £100
- Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay and Paym
- Optional paperless statements
- Text alerts – set your preferences to help you manage your money
- Chequebook available on request
To apply for FlexAccount
You need to:
- be 18 or over
- be a UK resident
- agree the account is for personal use only
- hold no more than 4 existing sole or joint Nationwide current accounts.
Make banking easier with our secure app
- Manage all your Nationwide accounts in one place
- View and search your transactions
- Freeze and unfreeze your Visa Debit card
- Report your card lost or stolen and order a new card
You can apply for an arranged overdraft at any time. When you do, we’ll look at your circumstances to see if we can offer you one. You’ll need to be 18 or over and a UK resident.
Find out more about overdrafts using our:
- Overdrafts page — to understand how they work
- Overdraft calculator — to see how much one might cost
- Overdraft eligibility tool for FlexAccount — to find out how much we might be able to offer you, without affecting your credit score. If you do choose to continue, we’ll carry out a full credit check.
Switching to Nationwide
Fast — switch in just 7 working days. You choose the date, and we’ll let you know when it’s done.
Seamless — a dedicated team does it all for you. They’ll switch your payments, balance and even your list of payees.
Guaranteed — there shouldn't be any problems but if there are, you won't lose a penny.
Fees, charges and important documents
Before you apply, make sure you read the:
Apply for FlexAccount
When you apply for FlexAccount, you can:
- apply for a brand new bank account
- switch your current account from another building society or a bank to us, or
- change your existing Nationwide current account to FlexAccount.
Quick comparison of our everyday bank accounts
We offer a few different current accounts. Check that you’re applying for the right account for you.
You can also see a full comparison of our everyday bank accounts.
If you can't view the whole table, swipe or scroll to show more > > >
If you don’t qualify for a FlexAccount, FlexDirect or FlexPlus current account, you may be offered a FlexBasic account.
Protecting your money
The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (opens in a new window) (FSCS) is a free, independent service that protects up to £85,000 of your eligible money at Nationwide.