FlexAccount current account
Our everyday current account where you can bank your way with no monthly fee.
Features and benefits
We don’t charge a monthly fee for maintaining the account.
Bank how you like
Online, via our Internet Bank or Banking app, over the phone, or in branch.
Access to other Nationwide products
Opening a FlexAccount is one way to become a member of Nationwide. Members get access to exclusive products such as credit cards and loans. Find out more about membership.
Available as a joint account
This can be with your partner, a family member or a friend.
FlexAccount comes with everything you’d expect from a Nationwide current account, including:
- Contactless, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay and Paym
- Optional paperless statements
- Text alerts – set your preferences to help you manage your money
- Chequebook available on request
To apply for FlexAccount, you need to:
- be 18 or over
- be a UK resident
- agree the account is for personal use only
- hold no more than 4 existing sole or joint Nationwide current accounts.
Make banking easier with our secure app
- Manage all your Nationwide accounts in one place
- View and search your transactions
- Freeze and unfreeze your Visa Debit card
- Report your card lost or stolen and order a new card
You can apply for an arranged overdraft at any time. When you do, we’ll look at your circumstances to see if we can offer you one. You’ll need to be 18 or over and a UK resident.
Find out more about overdrafts using our:
- Overdrafts page — to understand how they work
- Overdraft calculator — to see how much one might cost
- Overdraft eligibility tool for FlexAccount — to find out how much we might be able to offer you, without affecting your credit score. If you do choose to continue, we’ll carry out a full credit check.
Switching to Nationwide
Fast — switch in just 7 working days. You choose the date, and we’ll let you know when it’s done.
Seamless — a dedicated team does it all for you. They’ll switch your payments, balance and even your list of payees.
Guaranteed — there shouldn't be any problems but if there are, you won't lose a penny.
Fees, charges and important documents
Before you apply, make sure you read the:
Apply for FlexAccount
When you apply for FlexAccount, you can:
- apply for a brand new account
- switch your current account from another bank or building society to us, or
- change your existing Nationwide current account to a FlexAccount.
Quick comparison of our everyday bank accounts
We offer a few different current accounts. Check that you’re applying for the right account for you.
You can also see a full comparison of our everyday bank accounts.
If you can't view the whole table, swipe or scroll to show more > > >
If you don’t qualify for a FlexAccount, FlexDirect or FlexPlus current account, you may be offered a FlexBasic account.
Protecting your money
The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (opens in a new window) (FSCS) is a free, independent service that protects up to £85,000 of your eligible money at Nationwide.