Before you start your claim

Look at our terms and conditions and check your policy to make sure you’re covered and check your excess. Your excess is the amount you’ll be asked to pay towards your claim.

Have your policy number ready and anything that could help with your claim such as dates, times, crime reference number, and photos.

Claim online


Don’t claim online if it’s an emergency. Please call our emergency number instead on 0800 145 60 70.

You need an email address to start your claim online. If you don’t have one please call us on 0800 145 60 60.

For non-urgent claims, you can claim online if you have:

  • Buildings and Contents Insurance

  • Buildings Insurance only

  • Contents Insurance only

Once we've received your claim, we’ll be in touch to let you know what happens next.

How we settle your online claim:

  • Sometimes we can settle your claim and send payment automatically. We’ll let you know when this happens.
  • If we can’t settle your claim automatically, we’ll contact you for more information. We may ask for video footage or photos.
  • If your claim relates to an act of vandalism or theft, we’d recommend reporting it to the police first and telling us the crime reference number, if you’re given one.

If we receive your claim before 12pm Monday to Saturday, we’ll be in touch the same day.

If we receive your claim after 12pm or on a Sunday, we’ll be in touch the next working day.


For non-urgent claims, use our online system.

If this is your first time using this system, select 'Register now' on the next screen to create a claims account. You'll need your policy number.

This is a separate account to the one you use to manage your policy, so you won't be able to sign in using the same details.

Claim by phone in an emergency


Home Emergency Cover claims must be reported to us by phone within 48 hours of discovery.

Please call us as soon as possible if:

  • your home is unsafe or insecure
  • your home or possessions are being damaged
  • you’ve lost your main source of heating, lighting or water.

When you call us, have your policy number to hand.

If you’ve added Home Emergency Cover to your policy, you’re covered for repairs up to £1000. If you haven’t, we can still help you get the advice and support you need, but you’ll need to pay for any repairs.

We use a company called CET to provide Home Emergency Cover.


24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Call free on: 0800 145 60 70
Outside the UK: +44 121 275 40 89

Claim by phone for Legal Cover

For Legal Cover claims, you need to call us.

If you’ve added Legal Cover to your policy, you’re covered for legal assistance worth up to £50,000 for claims covered by your policy.

If you haven’t, we offer free Legal Advice. We can also put you in touch with people that can help, but you’ll need to pay for all legal costs.

Legal Cover is provided by Arc Legal Assistance and administered by Lyons Davidson.


24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Call free on: 0800 145 60 80
Outside the UK: +44 121 275 40 89