Apply for a FlexStudent current account
To apply for FlexStudent
You need to:
- be 18 or over
- be a UK resident for 3 or more years
- not have a student account with another provider (though you can switch it to Nationwide)
- have been accepted onto a full-time UCAS course of at least 2 years, in the UK
- have an unconditional offer (if you have a conditional offer, you’ll need to wait until your place has been confirmed)
- apply no more than five months before your course start date, or within two months of your course starting.
Before you start
Fees, charges and important documents
Before you apply, make sure you read the:
We don’t charge a monthly fee for maintaining the account or for anything else.
Summary Financial Statement
When you open an account with us, we need to let you know about our most recent summary financial statement and auditors' report. Our summary financial statement is published in our Review of the Year document PDF, 5.9MB (opens in a new window). You can find our latest annual report and accounts, including our auditors' report, on our Results and Accounts page.
Member Prize Draw
When you bank with us you become a Nationwide member. Eligible members are automatically entered into our monthly Member Prize Draw. Age 18 and over, living in England, Scotland and Wales only (prize draw rules apply).
Protecting your money
The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (opens in a new window) (FSCS) is a free, independent service that protects up to £85,000 of your eligible money at Nationwide.