What’s included

  • Breakdown assistance – even if it's not your vehicle

    As long as you’re with the eligible vehicle when help arrives, you’ll have UK and European breakdown cover.

  • Your vehicle is covered even if you’re not driving

    As long as the driver has your permission and is legally allowed to drive.

  • Both vehicles are covered with your joint account

    If you have a joint FlexPlus current account, both you and the other account holder have breakdown cover.

  • Home assist, roadside and onward travel all included

    So no matter where you are, we can help you on your way.

  • Hire car

    48-hour hire car benefit in the UK. Up to £800 towards a hire vehicle in Europe.

  • No excess to pay

  • Unlimited call outs

    There are no limits on the number of call outs you can make. Vehicles must be serviced, maintained in line with manufacturer guidelines, taxed and have a valid MOT. We will ask to see evidence of servicing, maintenance and repair if we believe the service is being used excessively.

  • No need to register your vehicle

    Cover starts when you open your FlexPlus account.

  • Help even if your car can’t be fixed

    If your car can't be fixed, we'll tow it to a garage. We can pay for you to carry on your journey, up to £100 for public transport. Or up to £500 for accommodation near the repair garage.

  • Help if you run out of fuel or need help with lost or broken keys

    We’ll help with broken keys if we can. You will have to pay if you need a specialist locksmith.

What's not included

Exclusions and limitations apply to some types of cover. Always check the policy documents for full details. Some of the key exclusions are:

  • Vehicles that do not have a valid MOT or vehicle tax. Also, vehicles that are not serviced or maintained in line with manufacturer guidelines.

  • Vehicles not registered to the account holder(s) unless the account holder(s) are in the vehicle at the time of breakdown and when help arrives.

  • Vehicles not registered in the UK.

  • The cost of replacement parts and associated labour to repair the vehicle.

  • Vehicles being used for hire and reward purposes (such as taxis).

  • Vehicles must not exceed any of the following dimensions when fully loaded:

    • Caravans and trailers – 8 metres in length (including A-frame)
    • Motorhomes – 8 metres in length or 7.5 tonnes in weight
    • All other vehicles – 7 metres in length, 2.3 metres in width, 3 metres in height or 3.5 tonnes in weight

    See policy document for details on vehicle eligibility.

  • Vehicles using trade plates or vehicles being sold by motor traders.

To get FlexPlus breakdown cover

You need to:

  • have a FlexPlus account.
  • be a UK resident.


It’s not possible to have a FlexPlus account without the insurances, and you can’t buy the insurances separately.

Policy documents

Make sure you read and understand the policy documents:

When you make a claim, you can use the policy document to specify what help you need. This will help us to process your claim quickly and effectively.

When your cover starts

As soon as your FlexPlus account is open you will start to benefit from the insurances.

Sometimes we might not be able to open your account straight away. For example, if you are opening a joint account, and we need additional signatures. In these cases, your cover begins as soon as you get your confirmation letter to tell you the account is opened.

If you already have breakdown cover

Before you apply, consider if you already have breakdown cover. You could end up paying twice for the same cover, so consider which policy provides the best cover for you.

The cost of any claims, if you are covered by more than one policy, may be shared proportionally between the insurance companies.

If your circumstances change

If you change your vehicle to another one that’s eligible, don’t worry, you don't need to contact us, you'll still be covered.

If you move out of the UK, you’ll still have to pay the £13 fee each month for maintaining the account. However, you won’t be eligible for any of the insurances that come with the account.

Find out more about moving your current account abroad.

How to make a claim

How to cancel your insurances

The only way to cancel your insurance cover is to close your FlexPlus current account.

How to close your current account.

You can’t cancel individual insurance policies, they come as a package.

Who provides this cover

FlexPlus UK & European Breakdown and Recovery Assistance is underwritten by Liverpool Victoria Insurance Company Limited.

Liverpool Victoria Insurance Company Limited, registered in England and Wales number 3232514 is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority, register number 202965. Registered address for all Liverpool Victoria companies: 57 Ladymead, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 1DB. Tel: 0330 1239970