0% interest Green Additional Borrowing mortgage
If you’re looking for a way to fund your energy-efficient home improvements, our 0% interest Green Additional Borrowing mortgage could help. Get 0% interest on your borrowing for the first 2 or 5 years.
Using the 0% Green Additional Borrowing mortgage
Features and benefits:
Choose from a 2 or 5 year fixed rate mortgage.
Get 0% fixed interest for the first 2 or 5 years.
Borrow £5,000 to £15,000, depending on your circumstances.
Borrow up to 90% of the property value (LTV).
There are no product fees with this mortgage.
Be aware that:
- 100% of the loan must be used to make energy-efficiency improvements to your home. Such as: a boiler upgrade, solar panels, air source heat pumps, cavity wall insulation, double glazing or replacement windows, electric car charging point, loft insulation. Exclusions may apply.
- Your 0% interest rate will stop when your fixed deal period ends. Any outstanding amount will automatically move onto our variable Standard Mortgage Rate (SMR). Or you may able to switch to another rate, subject to availability and eligibility.
- There is a limit of one Green Additional Borrowing mortgage per property.
- This product is limited and can be withdrawn at any time.
To apply for a Green Additional Borrowing mortgage:
- You need to be an existing member with a Nationwide mortgage, which you’ve had for 6 months or longer.
- Your existing mortgage, combined with the additional borrowing, is not more than 90% of the value of your home.
- The mortgage term of the additional borrowing cannot exceed the mortgage term of the existing main mortgage account.
- Spend 100% of your additional borrowing on eligible energy-efficient home improvements.
A mortgage of £15,000.00 over a term of 12 years on an initial 2 Year Fixed Rate at 0% (fixed) would require 24 monthly payments of £104.17 and 120 monthly payments of £151.59 based on our Standard Mortgage Rate, currently 7.99% (variable). The total amount payable would be £20,677.12 made up of the loan amount plus interest (£5,677.12), product fee (£0.00) and valuation fee (£0.00). The overall cost for comparison is 5.4% APRC Representative.
This representative example is for illustration purposes only. It is not an offer. These figures are representative of the typical costs and repayments for this type of mortgage based on customer type. Your actual costs and monthly repayments will vary depending on your mortgage.
What improvements are best for your home?
To find out what energy-efficient improvements are suitable for your home, use our Home Energy Efficiency Tool. It will ask you a few questions about your home. Based on your answers, it will tell you what improvements you could make, the work involved and the potential costs.
Going green – one home at a time
We think the move to a green society and a greener world should begin at home. And we’re doing our bit to help. Discover Nationwide’s commitment to going green, and how it could help you.
Ways to apply
Over the phone or video call
Call us to set up a meeting over the phone with one of our mortgage advisers. They will be able to talk you through your options and make recommendations based on your individual needs.
You have the option of a video call if you prefer to have a face-to-face meeting with our mortgage advisers.
For video call appointments, you’ll receive an email with details of what you’ll need and how to join the video call.
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm.
Saturday 8:30am to 4pm.
Closed Sundays and bank holidays.