What is the loan calculator?
Our loan calculator can give you an idea of how much you might pay for the amount you want to borrow. We’ll still need to check your individual circumstances to give you an accurate quote.
To find out what you would pay based on your individual circumstances, get a personalised quote. This won’t affect your credit rating, and there’s no obligation to take out the loan.
How do you get a personalised quote?
You can get a personalised quote by completing our application.
After you’ve entered your details, how much you want to borrow and how long you want to borrow for, we’ll run a soft credit check and offer you a personalised quote. Your credit rating will only be impacted if you continue with your quote and take out the loan.
We may be able to offer you a better rate if you change the amount you want to borrow or the length of time you borrow for. Even a small change can make a big difference to how much interest you'll have to pay and the overall cost of the loan.
Before you apply for a loan, think carefully about what you can afford to pay back each month. You will not be able to change the loan amount or term during the application.
To apply for a loan
You need to:
- have a Nationwide current account
- have the right to live and work in the UK for the term of the loan. We don't accept applications from the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man
- be between 18 and 79
- only have 1 existing Nationwide loan
- not have missed 3 or more credit commitments in the last 12 months
- neither be bankrupt nor have any CCJs, Individual Voluntary Arrangements or similar
- have a monthly income of at least £700 after tax. If you're self-employed, you'll need to be able to prove a minimum of 1 year's income through an accountant's certificate, SA302 form or HMRC online tax calculation.
Get a quote and apply
When you get a personalised quote, your quote will only be valid for today.