Get a quote and apply for a loan
You can get a personalised loan quote online or over the phone. Our loans are just for Nationwide members.
When you apply
As a Nationwide member, you'll get:
A no-obligation quote
A personalised quote that won't affect your credit rating.
An acceptance indicator
Know if you're likely to get a loan before we do a credit check.
No hidden fees
We won't charge you for setting up, overpaying or settling your loan early.
To apply for a loan
You can apply if:
- you have a monthly income of £700 after tax. If you're self-employed, you'll need to be able to prove a minimum of 1 year's income through an accountant's certificate, SA302 form or HMRC online tax calculation
- you have the right to live and work in the UK for the term of the loan. We don't accept applications from the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man
- you're between 18 and 79 years old
- you haven't missed 3 or more credit commitments in the last 12 months
- you're not bankrupt and you don't have any CCJs or IVAs (Individual Voluntary Arrangements) or similar
- you're a member of Nationwide. You're a member if you have a current account, mortgage or savings account with us.
If you're applying for a joint loan, other criteria will apply.
Receiving your money
If you choose to have your loan paid into your Nationwide current account, you could have the money in 2 hours.
We can pay your loan into another Nationwide account within 1 working day. Or into an account with another building society or a bank in 3 to 5 working days.
We'll charge interest on your loan from day 1.
Using a Nationwide loan
Our loans are for personal use only.
You cannot use your loan:
for a business or business vehicle
to buy property, including mortgage deposits
to buy or keep an interest in land
as a bridging loan
for investing or speculative purposes, such as gambling and cryptocurrency.
6.4% APR Representative (fixed). Based on an assumed loan amount of £10,000 over 60 months at an interest rate of 6.4% p.a. (fixed). Monthly repayment £194.35. Total amount payable £11,661.00.
This representative APR applies to loans of £7,500 to £25,000 over 1 to 5 years for our members with a mortgage, savings or current account. You could be offered a different rate based on your personal circumstances. The maximum you could receive is 29.9%.
We offer personal loans for terms from 12 months up to 7 years. You can choose the term in years or months when you apply.
Before you start
Make sure that:
- you understand the loan rates and details summary information
- you have your address history for the last 3 years, and
- you can provide details of your monthly income and outgoings, such as mortgage, rent, credit card, and loan payments.
We recommend getting a few personalised quotes from us.
We may be able to offer you a better rate if you change the amount you want to borrow or the length of time you borrow for. Even a small change can make a big difference to how much interest you'll have to pay and the overall cost of the loan.
You can get a quote in the same way you apply for a loan. Just fill out our application form online or give us a call.
Getting a quote will not affect your credit rating. Your credit rating will only be impacted if you decide to continue with your quote and take out a loan.