Get a quote and apply for a loan
You can get a personalised loan quote online, over the phone or in branch. Our loans are just for Nationwide members.
When you apply
As a Nationwide member, you'll get:
A no-obligation quote
A personalised quote that won't affect your credit rating.
An acceptance indicator
Know if you're likely to get a loan before we do a credit check.
No hidden fees
We won't charge you for setting up, overpaying or settling your loan early.
To apply for a loan
You can apply if:
- you have a monthly income of £700 after tax. If you're self-employed, you'll need to be able to prove a minimum of 1 year's income through an accountant's certificate, SA302 form or HMRC online tax calculation.
- you have the right to live and work in the UK for the term of the loan. We don't accept applications from the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.
- you're between 18 and 79 years old.
- you haven't missed 3 or more credit commitments in the last 12 months.
- you're not currently being declared bankrupt, or have any CCJs or IVAs (Individual Voluntary Arrangements).
- you're a member of Nationwide. You're a member if you have a current account, mortgage or savings account with us.
If you're applying for a joint loan, other criteria will apply.
Receiving your money
If you choose to have your loan paid into your Nationwide current account, you could have the money in 2 hours.
We can pay your loan into another Nationwide account within 1 working day. Or into an account with another bank or building society in 3 to 5 working days.
We'll charge interest on your loan from day 1.
APR and Representative APR
APR stands for Annual Percentage Rate. It can be used to compare the total cost of your borrowing with other providers. Representative APR is the rate that we give to at least 51% of successful applicants. You could receive a different rate from the one shown and we’ll confirm your rate during your application.
A small change in the length of your loan term or how much you borrow could make a big difference in how much your loan will cost you.
Before you start
Make sure that:
- you understand the loan rates and details summary information.
- you have your address history for the last 3 years, and
- you can provide details of your monthly income and outgoings, such as mortgage, rent, credit card, and loan payments.