Get a quote and apply for a loan
You can get a personalised loan quote online or over the phone. Our loans are just for Nationwide members.
When you apply
As a Nationwide member, you'll get:
A no-obligation quote
A personalised quote that won't affect your credit rating.
An acceptance indicator
Know if you're likely to get a loan before we do a credit check.
No hidden fees
We won't charge you for setting up, overpaying or settling your loan early.
To apply for a loan
You can apply if:
- you have a monthly income of £700 after tax. If you're self-employed, you'll need to be able to prove a minimum of 1 year's income through an accountant's certificate, SA302 form or HMRC online tax calculation.
- you have the right to live and work in the UK for the term of the loan. We don't accept applications from the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.
- you're between 18 and 79 years old.
- you haven't missed 3 or more credit commitments in the last 12 months.
- you're not bankrupt, or have any CCJs or IVAs (Individual Voluntary Arrangements) or similar.
- you're a member of Nationwide. You're a member if you have a current account, mortgage or savings account with us.
If you're applying for a joint loan, other criteria will apply.
Receiving your money
If you choose to have your loan paid into your Nationwide current account, you could have the money in 2 hours.
For other Nationwide accounts, or accounts with another bank or building society, we'll pay your money by the end of the next working day.
We'll charge interest on your loan from day 1.
APR and Representative APR
APR stands for Annual Percentage Rate. It can be used to compare the total cost of your borrowing with other providers. Representative APR is the rate that we give to at least 51% of successful applicants. You could receive a different rate from the one shown and we’ll confirm your rate during your application.
Before you start
Make sure that:
- you understand the loan rates and details summary information.
- you have your address history for the last 3 years, and
- you can provide details of your monthly income and outgoings, such as mortgage, rent, credit card, and loan payments.
We recommend getting a few personalised quotes from us.
We may be able to offer you a better rate if you change the amount you want to borrow or the length of time you borrow for. Even a small change can make a big difference to how much interest you'll have to pay and the overall cost of the loan.
You can get a quote in the same way you apply for a loan. Just fill out our application form online or give us a call.
Getting a quote will not affect your credit rating. Your credit rating will only be impacted if you decide to continue with your quote and take out a loan.