Transfer money between Nationwide accounts
This is also known as an internal transfer. They’re free, and there’s no limit on how much you can move between your Nationwide accounts. Internal transfers are different to sending money to an account with another building society or a bank.
The money is usually sent instantly, unless you set your transfer to come out on a future date. You can do this in the Banking app, or the Internet Bank. You can also arrange for a transfer to come out on a regular basis, by setting up a standing order.
Transfer money in the Banking app
- Log into the Banking app.
- Tap the menu in the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap Payments & Transfers.
- Select Pay or move money
- Choose the account the funds will be taken from.
- Tap One of your Nationwide accounts.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Transfer money in the Internet Bank
- Log into the Internet Bank.
- Find Quick transfer on the left side of the page.
- Select the accounts you wish to transfer to and from.
- Add the amount to transfer.
- Select Go.
Not yet registered for the Internet Bank?
The quickest way you can starting using the Internet Bank is if you register online.
You can also visit your local branch with your bank card and a member of the team will be happy to help.
If you want to transfer money from one ISA to another
Do not withdraw the money from your ISA, or move it to your current account. There's a set process you need to follow to make sure your money keeps its tax-efficient benefits.