Apply to switch to a new Nationwide mortgage deal
You can choose how you would like to apply for your new deal – online or over the phone.
Being eligible to switch to a new deal
You can switch to a new deal if:
- You're 5 months or less from the end of your current Nationwide deal or:
- You’re on our Base Mortgage Rate (BMR) or Standard Mortgage Rate (SMR).
- You’re on a tracker mortgage.
- You're mid-deal on a fixed rate mortgage – but not online. Please call us as there will be an Early Repayment Charge (ERC) to pay.
- There’s at least £1,000 left on your mortgage.
- You have 2 or more years left on your mortgage term.
- Your mortgage is not in arrears.
- You’re not letting out your property. Find out more about letting your property
If you have one of our Lifetime or retirement mortgages for over 55s, you can't switch online. Call us on: 0800 146 100 (Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm. Saturday 8:30am to 4pm. Closed Sundays and bank holidays)
If you’re concerned about paying your mortgage, we’re here to help. Call us on 0800 464 30 30 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. Closed weekends and bank holidays.) to discuss your options or visit our challenging times page.
Ways to apply
You can apply for a mortgage online or over the phone.