Get a quote – and a 25% discount if you're a Nationwide member

Get a personalised quote for your home insurance, whether it's cover for your buildings, contents or both.

And, if you're a Nationwide member on the day you get your quote, we'll give you a 25% discount. You're a member if you hold a Nationwide mortgage, savings or current account.

We may change or withdraw this discount in future. If this happens, your 25% discount will stay in place until the end of your policy year.

Why choose Nationwide?

We're working with Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Ltd to bring you Home Insurance. So, together we're here for you when you need us.

  • 5 Star Defaqto rated cover
    Our Home Insurance has the highest quality rating from Defaqto.
  • Build it your way
    Add optional extras and only pay for the cover you need.
  • A clear price
    There are no hidden fees or charges, even if you pay monthly.
  • Help when you need it
    Our emergency helpline is open 24 hours a day, all year round.

Our Home Insurance at a glance

You can choose to get a quote for:

  • Buildings Insurance
  • Contents Insurance, or
  • combined Buildings and Contents Insurance.

You can also add optional extras to your policy, only paying for the cover you need.

Buildings Insurance

With unlimited Buildings Cover, we'll pay to repair the structure of your property. This includes anything fixed to it or the ground, like kitchen units or a bathroom suite.

We’ll pay to put these things right if they get damaged by something covered by your policy, like a fire, storm or flood.

Contents Insurance

We'll cover the cost of repairing or replacing the contents in your home. This includes the furniture in your living room or the white goods in your kitchen.

We’ll pay to repair or replace these items if they get lost, stolen, or damaged by something covered by your policy.

You can choose between two levels of contents cover:

  • up to £50,000, or
  • over £50,000.

Contents insurance for renters

If you’re renting your home, you can take out insurance for your contents. This will also protect you against some damage to your landlord’s property.


For cover limits and exclusions, including optional extras, see our Home Insurance policy - PDF, 6.8MB (opens in a new window). You’ll need to pay an excess when you claim.

For a simple summary of the policy, read the Home Insurance Product Information Document - PDF, 74KB (opens in a new window)