Tell us your new contact details

Please make sure we have your new address and contact phone numbers, so we can get in touch with you if we need to.

Check charges for using your card abroad

If you're using your Nationwide debit or credit card abroad, you may have to pay fees for cash withdrawals or for making debit card payments in a foreign currency.

Check your current account insurance benefits

Living abroad can affect your current account’s insurance benefits.


Some of our members may have European travel insurance with their FlexAccount. If you have European travel insurance with your FlexAccount, you’ll have received a letter or email from us letting you know that we’ll be removing this benefit from 31 December 2021. Find out more about how this will affect your cover and what options are available.

If you’re in the British Armed Forces, please provide your permanent UK address when making a claim. All claims for trips must start and end in the UK.


You won’t be able to access these insurance benefits if you live outside the UK. If the account stays open, you will still pay the monthly fee of £13 for maintaining the account. So it's important to decide whether it's still right for you.

Get permission to rent out your house

Please complete our Permission to Let form if you want to rent your house out whilst living abroad. There could be extra interest charges when you do this.

If you’re in the British Armed Forces, we won’t charge you extra interest. Just provide proof when you send in the form.

Understand your ISA allowance flexibility

ISA flexibility lets you replace any amount withdrawn in the same tax year, without affecting your annual allowance. But you can't add new funds above the amount taken from it.

Moving your money to an EU or EEA country

If you're moving your banking to a European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA), we can help by:

  • providing you with a list of your payments.
  • moving money to your new account.
  • closing your account with us (if you wish).


You can send your money between your UK bank or building society account and an overseas bank account. We only accept Sterling as a currency and don't accept cheques from foreign banks.