We only need these documents if you’re asked for them on your mortgage application. Whether you’re applying for your mortgage online or by mortgage consultant you will need to bring your documents into a Branch to be certified.
We accept the following proofs however there may be circumstances where we need to ask for additional proofs/ information or may not be able to accept the proofs if the application does not meet our criteria.
- Permanent Residence Card
- Residence Card, Family of a Settled Person Visa and UK Ancestry Visa
- Proof of Visa normally held in the applicants current or old passport
- Biometric Residence Permit – These are a new style of visa card for both EEA and Non-EEA Nationals but are only acceptable for Tier 1 or Tier 2 visa, Spousal / Ancestral or have indefinite leave to remain. Please ensure the front and back of the card is received.
- Home Office Letter – Normally only applies to Asylum Seekers and Refugees who have been granted 'indefinite leave to remain' but can also be accepted as a supporting document (i.e. if residency was a stamp endorsement in a previous passport and letter matches previous passport reference number).
Applicants from Croatia
Applications where one or more of the applicants is a Croatian national are acceptable, provided they have at least one of the following:
- Completed a minimum of 12 months continuous employment in the UK.
- A registration certificate.
- Indefinite leave to remain in the UK.
- If the applicant is self-employed they must satisfy our policy on self-employment.
Non–EEA Nationals with Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK
We are unable to accept applications from non-EEA nationals; unless they have been granted indefinite leave to remain.
If they have indefinite level to remain, we would therefore need proof from the acceptable list above.
Non–EEA Nationals without Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK
We can make exceptions in certain circumstances (except for Equity Share applications)
1. Visa Requirements:
- Applicants with either a Tier 1 or Tier 2 visa
- The Applicants who are in the UK on a Spousal, Family of a settled person Visa or Ancestral Visa
2. In order for these to be considered
- Applicants must have their salary paid into a UK bank account.
- Applicants must have been legally resident in the UK for at least 3 years
3. The application must also fit the criteria below:
- Maximum Loan to Value of 75%:
- Applicants must be able to fund a minimum 25% deposit from their own resources.
- Gifts and builders cash backs are only acceptable if they’re in addition to the 25% from the applicant’s own funds.