A cash machine swallowed my card
What you need to do depends on what sort of card and cash machine it was.
Why was your card not returned?
The most common reasons a cash machine keeps your card are:
- you entered your PIN incorrectly more than 3 times
- your card has been blocked
- there’s a problem with the cash machine.
Our branch team can help you get cash and make payments if you don't have your card. Just bring your ID into one of our branches.
Nationwide card eaten by a Nationwide cash machine?
If your Nationwide card was swallowed by one of our cash machines, come into the branch with some ID.
Our branch colleagues will:
- get your card back if they can, or
- help you order a new one.
Using a non-Nationwide card in a Nationwide cash machine?
You'll need to contact your own bank or building society and let them know what's happened. They'll be able to order you a new card.
Not using a Nationwide cash machine or you can't get back to the branch?
Order a new card by chatting to us online or calling us.
Chat to us online
- Log in to our Internet Bank (opens in a new window)
- Select Need help? Send us a message from the left-hand menu
- Select Chat with us
- Type Swallowed card into our web chat
- You'll be transferred to one our team members, who will be happy to help
You'll need to call us to order a new credit card.