Apply for a FlexDirect current account
To apply for FlexDirect
You need to:
- be 18 or over
- be a UK resident
- agree the account is for personal use only
- hold no more than 4 existing sole or joint Nationwide current accounts
- register for the Internet Bank as per the terms and conditions - PDF 409KB (opens in a new window).
Before you start
Fees, charges and important documents
Before you apply, make sure you read the:
Please give the new or expected income amount in your answer to What’s your annual income before tax? if your income either:
- has changed due to coronavirus (for example, if you’ve been furloughed on less than full pay), or
- is expected to change in the next 2 years (for example, if you're retiring)
Summary Financial Statement
When you open an account with us, we need to let you know about our most recent summary financial statement and auditors' report. Our summary financial statement is published in our Review of the Year document - PDF 5.9MB (opens in a new window). You can find our latest annual report and accounts, including our auditors' report, on our Results and Accounts page.
Member Prize Draw
When you bank with us you become a Nationwide member. Eligible members are automatically entered into our monthly Member Prize Draw. Age 18 and over, living in England, Scotland and Wales only (prize draw rules apply).
Protecting your money
The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (opens in a new window) (FSCS) is a free, independent service that protects up to £85,000 of your eligible money at Nationwide.