SmartSaver Key Product Information
This Key Product Information gives you information that is specific to the particular savings account you have with us. It forms part of the terms and conditions of your account and needs to be read together with the other documents that make up your agreement. If anything is inconsistent between those documents and this Key Product Information, this Key Product Information will apply.
Account holding and ownership
- The account can either be held by:
- an individual of 16 years or over on their own behalf; or
- an individual of 16 years or over on behalf of a child under 18 years
- The account can have a maximum of two joint account holders.
- The maximum balance on the account is £5 million.
- Nationwide reserves the right to limit the number of SmartSaver accounts you can have.
- Interest is calculated daily and paid annually on 31 December and on closure.
- Interest can be paid either into the account, a Nationwide current account or savings account (excluding Regular Savings and Flexclusive Regular Saver) or a current account with another bank or building society.
- The interest rate payable on the account is variable and based on the balance in your account.
Taking money out
- You can withdraw any available funds in the account, or close the account, without notice or loss of interest.
Important related links
Protecting your money
The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (opens in a new window) (FSCS) is a free, independent service that protects up to £85,000 of your eligible money at Nationwide.