Protection for your family should the worst happen. Plus, get a 15% discount if you’re a Nationwide member.
You’re a Nationwide member if you hold a Nationwide mortgage, savings or current account. You’ll also need to have got your quote on or after 23 June 2021.
Features and benefits
Protection for your family should the worst happen. Brought to you by Nationwide and provided by our trusted partners Legal & General.
- Pays out a lump sum to your loved ones
If you pass away during the time you’re covered, they’re protected.
- Fixed payments throughout the policy
Unless you choose to make a change, your payments will stay the same.
- Advance payout of up to £5,000
The Early Days Advance Payment - PDF 232KB (opens in a new window) offers some financial relief while claims are being processed.
Option to add Critical Illness Cover at an extra cost
Receive your lump sum if you are diagnosed with one of the conditions covered - PDF 118KB (opens in a new window).
- Option to add Waiver of Premium at an extra cost
Covers your monthly payment after 26 weeks if you can’t work due to sickness or injury.
- Claims are handled sensitively
By Samaritans-trained case handlers.
Plus, get a 15% discount if you’re a Nationwide member. You’re a Nationwide member if you hold a Nationwide mortgage, savings or current account. You’ll also need to have got your quote on or after 23 June 2021.
- Is not a savings or investment product — it will only pay out if a valid claim is made.
- Terms, limits and exclusions that apply are explained in the Policy Summary - PDF 216KB (opens in a new window)
Types of cover
The lump sum stays the same throughout the length of time you are insured for.
Level cover life insurance could be suitable if you want to cover yourself for a specific amount. It could cover things like:
- An interest only mortgage — as the amount you owe won’t have gone down over time.
- Rent payments.
- Childcare or school fees.
To apply for level cover
You need to be:
- Between 18 and 77 years old.
The lump sum you’re insured for reduces over the length of your policy.
Decreasing cover life insurance could be suitable if you have a repayment mortgage. Your level of cover will go down over time, roughly in line with the amount you owe on your mortgage.
To apply for decreasing cover
You need to be:
- Between 18 and 74 years old.
Add on Critical Illness Cover
You can choose to add Critical Illness Cover to your life insurance policy at an extra cost.
Covering a wide range of illnesses, it will pay out your lump sum if you are diagnosed with one of the conditions covered - PDF 118KB (opens in new window).
Allowing you to focus on your health, Critical Illness Cover could help pay for:
- Your mortgage or rent.
- Everyday bills and expenses.
Find out more about Critical Illness Cover
To add Critical Illness Cover
With level cover — you need to be:
- Between 18 and 67 years old.
With decreasing cover — you need to be:
- Between 18 and 64 years old.
Get a Life Insurance and Critical Illness Cover quote
If you are clear on your cover needs, you can get a quote and apply for Life Insurance and Critical Illness Cover online. You may be able to start your cover straight away.