Login codes by text message
For your security, we use one-time codes that we text to your mobile. We send them when you register for online banking and each time you log in, unless you log in using a card reader.
- Are 6 digits long – 3 numbers and 3 letters.
- Can only be used once.
- Expire after 10 minutes.
Text messages in the UK are free:
- Some network providers might charge for receiving abroad. Please check with your network provider.
- Unfortunately, we can't send codes to landline or international mobile numbers.
Never share your code with anyone else. Call us as soon as possible if anyone asks for it.
Help with codes
If you haven't received a code
- You can request the code to be re-sent. This can be tried up to 3 times.
- Check your mobile phone signal.
- Check the mobile number we have for you
If you have a poor signal
Check if your phone and network supports WiFi Text. If it does and you can connect to WiFi this may help.
Codes you haven't asked for
Codes will be received immediately at the time you request them.
If you receive a code you weren’t expecting, consider if your number may be used on a joint account, children’s accounts or where you have appointed a Power of Attorney.
If you suspect there has been fraudulent activity on your account, please alert us immediately.
Check the mobile number we have for you
You can log in to the Internet Bank using your Visa debit card and card reader then check or update your details by selecting:
- manage my details and settings; then
- change my phone number.
Please allow a working day for an updated phone number to be activated.
Other ways to log in
- Download our Banking app – you can log in using your passnumber, fingerprint or facial recognition.
- Debit card customers can log in with a card reader.
Alternatively, please contact us to discuss your login options.
You can call us 7 days a week, 8am to 8pm (GMT).
UK: 0800 464 30 60
Abroad: +44 1793 65 67 89