Find out more about the wide range of tools that'll help make managing your money easier.
What's on this page:
Talking cash machines
All of our cash machines have speech functionality. This means you can use them with a headset or earphones.
If you can’t use a cash machine, our branch colleagues can help you make a withdrawal from the counter.
Chip and Signature cards
A Chip and Signature Card lets you:
- make purchases in shops with your debit or credit card, using your signature as identification
- withdraw cash at a branch.
If you’d like a Chip and Signature card, call our customer services team on any of the numbers given on this page.
Large print, braille and audio CDs
We can provide the following in large print, braille or audio CD:
- account statements
- the letter sent with a debit card, credit card and savings card
- Internet Banking passcode
- Telephone Banking passcode
- terms and conditions
- information leaflets
- Personal Identification Numbers (PINs).
When you open a new account, let us know how you’d like us to send you information. Or, if you’re already a customer, you can change the way we write to you by telling us in branch or calling us on the following numbers.
PINs for credit cards will be sent first in standard print. Call Credit Card support after you receive it to update the format. The number is given on this page.
Speak to a member of our team:
7 days a week, 8am to 8pm.
For text-to-speech and speech-to-text services:
7 days a week, 8am to 8pm.
Accessible card readers
Accessible card reader features are designed to make our services even easier, whatever your need. They have:
- larger display screens
- larger buttons
- audio, so you can hear everything that’s on the screen.
How to order a new card reader
Using online banking
- Log in to the Internet Bank
- Select the reason for your order
- Select the type of card reader you want
- Place your order
- Your new card reader will be with you within 10 days.
If you’re not registered for online banking, you can make the request by completing our online form.
You can also speak to us in branch to order a new card reader.
SignVideo is a specialist centre offering British Sign Language and English Interpreters on demand.
SignVideo is available:
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm.
Closed weekends and bank holidays.
All SignVideo interpreters are members of the National Registers of Communication Professionals Working with Deaf and Deafblind People (UK) and/or Scottish Association of Sign Language Interpreters.
What you'll need
To use SignVideo, you’ll need a smartphone or tablet, or a PC or Mac with a webcam and the ability to connect to the internet. The first time you use it, you’ll need to download a plug-in.
How it works
- Connect to SignVideo.
- When you’re connected, tell the interpreter you'd like to call Nationwide.
- Start your conversation using British Sign Language.