Apply for a FlexPlus account
To apply for a FlexPlus
You need to:
- be 18 or over
- be a UK resident
- agree the account is for personal use only
- hold no more than 4 existing sole or joint Nationwide current accounts.
You’ll need to pay £13 a month to maintain the account, even if you can’t use the insurances.
It’s not possible to have a FlexPlus account without the insurances or the insurances without a FlexPlus account.
FlexPlus travel insurance has changed as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. If you’re thinking about opening a FlexPlus account, make sure you read the Summary of Changes document as this forms part of your policy.
You're no longer covered for cancelling your trip due to COVID-19 or a pandemic, before you travel, unless it is for medical reasons. This applies to all trips booked, or new accounts opened, on or after 1 January 2021.
If you bought a travel insurance upgrade and haven't been able to use it due to the coronavirus, you may be able to get a refund.
For more information about travel insurance during coronavirus, including information about refunds for upgrades, read our travel and coronavirus information page.
Before you start
Fees, charges and important documents
Before you apply, make sure you read the:
- Current account terms and conditions
- Interest rates and charges - PDF 91KB (opens in a new window)
- FlexPlus Fee Information Document (FID) - PDF 99KB (opens in a new window), which shows you all the fees and charges
- Charitable Assignment
And the policy documents for the insurances:
- FlexPlus Travel insurance policy document - PDF 264KB (opens in a new window)
- Insurance Product Information Document (IPID) (effective from 5 October 2021) - PDF 178KB (opens in a new window)
- IPID (effective from 1 January to 4 October 2021) - PDF 104KB (opens in a new window)
- Travel Policy Summary of Changes Document (effective from 1 January to 4 October 2021) - PDF 69KB (opens in a new window)
- Mobile phone cover policy document - PDF 266KB (opens in a new window)
- Breakdown cover policy document - PDF 310KB (opens in a new window)
With FlexPlus you’ll need to pay £13 a month for maintaining the account.
Please give the new or expected income amount in your answer to What’s your annual income before tax? if your income either:
- has changed due to coronavirus (for example, if you’ve been furloughed on less than full pay), or
- is expected to change in the next 2 years (for example, if you're retiring)
Summary Financial Statement
When you open an account with us, we need to let you know about our most recent summary financial statement and auditors' report. Our summary financial statement is published in our Review of the Year document PDF, 5.9MB (opens in a new window). You can find our latest annual report and accounts, including our auditors' report, on our Results and Accounts page.
Member Prize Draw
When you bank with us you become a Nationwide member. Eligible members are automatically entered into our monthly Member Prize Draw. Age 18 and over, living in England, Scotland and Wales only (prize draw rules apply).
Protecting your money
The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (opens in a new window) (FSCS) is a free, independent service that protects up to £85,000 of your eligible money at Nationwide.