How to cancel and close your credit card
You can close your credit card at any time, but first you need to clear your balance to £0.
Prepare to close your credit card
To close your credit card, you need to:
- be the main account holder, not an additional cardholder
- bring your credit card balance to £0
- tell us you want to close your credit card, then
- cut up and safely dispose of your credit card.
If you only cut up your card, the account will stay open.
Close on the Internet Bank
Log into the Internet Bank (opens in a new window), then choose:
- My messages, at the top of the page
- Compose new message
- for Step 1: Managing my credit card
- for Step 2: Close account
- Continue to create a short message explaining that you wish to close your credit card
Close over the phone
Have your credit card number with you, then call 03456 00 66 11 to close your credit card.
You can call us:
- Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm
- Saturday , 8am to 8pm
- Sunday 9am to 5pm