Schemes in Scotland and Wales

This page deals with schemes in England. The schemes are slightly different if you live in Scotland or Wales.

Shared ownership

With shared ownership, you own part of the home, and a housing association owns the other part. You:

  • buy a share of a home (between 25% to 75% of the home's value)
  • pay rent to the housing association on the remaining share
  • can use this type of scheme to buy new build or pre-owned properties.

Right to Buy

This scheme helps eligible tenants in England buy their council or housing association properties. You need to be a council tenant or a housing association tenant. Rules on who can purchase their home are slightly different throughout the country.

Forces Help to Buy

If you’re in the Royal Navy, Royal Marines, Royal Air Force or Army, the Forces Help to Buy scheme could help you buy your first home or move to another property on assignment.

The scheme allows eligible Armed Forces personnel to borrow up to 50% of their salary (up to £25,000) interest free, to use towards a deposit.

Apply for a mortgage using one of these schemes

Over the phone or video call

Call to book an appointment with a mortgage adviser over the phone. Our mortgage advisers will be able to talk you through your options and make recommendations based on your individual needs.

You have the option of a video call if you prefer to have a face-to-face meeting with our mortgage advisers.

For video call appointments, you’ll receive an email with details of what you’ll need and how to join the video call.

Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm.
Saturday 8:30am to 4pm.
Closed Sundays and bank holidays.


Mortgages are secured on your home. You could lose your home if you do not keep up payments on your mortgage.
Mortgages are subject to underwriting and criteria. Minimum age 18, UK residents only.