Before you start your claim
Have your policy number ready and anything that could help with your claim such as dates, times, crime reference number, and photos.
You need an email address to start your claim online. If you don’t have one please call us on 0800 145 60 60.
For non-urgent claims, you can claim online if you have:
Buildings and Contents Insurance
Buildings Insurance only
Contents Insurance only
Once we've received your claim, we’ll be in touch to let you know what happens next.
How we settle your online claim:
- Sometimes we can settle your claim and send payment automatically. We’ll let you know when this happens.
- If we can’t settle your claim automatically, we’ll contact you for more information. We may ask for video footage or photos.
- If your claim relates to an act of vandalism or theft, we’d recommend reporting it to the police first and telling us the crime reference number, if you’re given one.
If we receive your claim before 12pm Monday to Saturday, we’ll be in touch the same day.
If we receive your claim after 12pm or on a Sunday, we’ll be in touch the next working day.
For non-urgent claims, use our online system.
If this is your first time using this system, select 'Register now' on the next screen to create a claims account. You'll need your policy number.
This is a separate account to the one you use to manage your policy, so you won't be able to sign in using the same details.
Claim by phone in an emergency
Please call us as soon as possible if:
- your home is unsafe or insecure
- your home or possessions are being damaged
- you’ve lost your main source of heating, lighting or water.
When you call us, have your policy number to hand.
If you’ve added Home Emergency Cover to your policy, you’re covered for repairs up to £1000. If you haven’t, we can still help you get the advice and support you need, but you’ll need to pay for any repairs.
We use a company called CET to provide Home Emergency Cover.
Claim by phone for Legal Cover
For Legal Cover claims, you need to call us.
If you’ve added Legal Cover to your policy, you’re covered for legal assistance worth up to £50,000 for claims covered by your policy.
If you haven’t, we offer free Legal Advice. We can also put you in touch with people that can help, but you’ll need to pay for all legal costs.
Legal Cover is provided by Arc Legal Assistance and administered by Lyons Davidson.