Current Account Declaration
In this declaration, Nationwide means:
- Nationwide Building Society; and
- its subsidiary companies, and any limited liability partnership of which it is a member, which include Nationwide Covered Bonds LLP, The Mortgage Works (UK) plc, E-Mex Home Funding Ltd, Cheshire Covered Bonds LLP, Derbyshire Home Loans Ltd, Nationwide Independent Financial Services Ltd; and
I (each of us if more than one is applying) agree that:
- The information that I have given you on the application form is complete and true, and I have not withheld any material facts; you can rely on it in deciding whether to open the account; I understand that you can decide to decline my application;
- As well as the account conditions, Nationwide’s rules apply to this account and I can obtain a copy of these in any of your branches;
- The money I am investing in this account (which I will not use for business purposes) is my own;
- For joint accounts:
- you can pay cheques and act on instructions signed by either of us unless you are told otherwise;
- for the purpose of s.185(2) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, if you give us an overdraft you are not required to provide more than one statement. If we want individual statements we will tell you;
- Nationwide has not provided any advice or recommendation regarding any free insurance provided with this account.
About our charitable assignment scheme
You will be bound by our charitable assignment scheme. Unless you have been a member of Nationwide continuously from 2 November 1997 or fall into a special group to which the scheme does not apply, you agree to be bound by the terms of our charitable assignment scheme as set out in the section headed ‘Important Information: Our Charitable Assignment Scheme’ in your product guide that you received with this application form. Under the scheme:
- You will become a member of Nationwide Foundation if you are not a member already. The Foundation is a registered charity and is a focus for our charitable giving.
- You agree with us and with the Foundation to assign to the Foundation your rights to any windfall benefits (e.g. money or shares) you might otherwise have received in the unlikely event that we transfer our business to a company.
The terms of the scheme are set out under the heading “Charitable Assignment” in our leaflet Current Accounts – Important Information - PDF 512KB (opens in a new window).