Apply for a Member Credit Card
Once you've decided which of the two offers is right for you, apply for your new credit card.
When you apply...
We'll check to see if you are eligible first.
If you are, we'll tell you what APR and credit limit you’ll be offered. You can lower the limit from what you’ve been offered if you like. This check won't leave a mark on your credit record that other lenders can see.
We'll check your credit history during your application.
If you are happy and continue with your application, we may leave a record of our check on your credit file that other lenders can see. This is a normal part of many credit application processes. It might affect whether you can get credit elsewhere for a short period of time.
If you have closed a Nationwide credit card in the last 12 months, you will not be able to get the introductory offers.
However you can still apply for a new card and enjoy all the other benefits.
You cannot apply if...
- You already have a credit card with Nationwide.
- You've already applied for a credit card in the last 30 days and it was declined.
Before you start
Read the Member Credit Card Terms and Conditions.
Make sure you understand the Member Credit Card summary information.
Decide which introductory offer you want.
To apply you’ll need your:
- address history for the last 3 years
- employer details
- annual income
- monthly outgoings.
If you want to transfer any credit card balances to your new Member Credit Card you’ll need:
- the 16-digit card numbers of the credit cards you’re transferring from, and
- the amounts you want to transfer, even if it’s the full balance.
Important: When we ask for your 'annual income before tax', please tell us the new amount if your income:
- has changed due to COVID-19
- is likely to reduce in the next 3 years (for example, you’re retiring).
To apply for a Member Credit Card
You need to:
- Be aged 18 or over.
- Be a UK resident.
- Have a minimum income of £5,000 per year, before tax.
- Be a member of Nationwide.
You're a member if you have a current account, mortgage or savings account with us.