Our key charity partners are Shelter and St Mungo’s. We’re supporting them to help make sure that everyone has a safe, secure home. We help our people volunteer and fundraise for charities close to their hearts too.
Supporting Shelter since 2001
Like Shelter, we believe everyone should have a place they can call home. We’re proud to be celebrating 20 years of this partnership. Colleagues and members have rallied behind this charity and we’ve:
- raised more than £6.7 million
- helped almost 100,000 people facing bad housing and homelessness
- supported Shelter’s helplines, for those facing homelessness
- worked together on policy and campaigns that make a difference to people in housing need.
During the pandemic
Supporting charities has been even more important during the pandemic. Not only have we funded more Helpline Advisors, we’re funding three Community Engagement Workers in hard-to-reach communities. They provide preventative support to stop people reaching crisis point.
Homelessness charity St Mungo's
We've worked with St Mungo’s since 2018. With their guidance, we've developed a caring and consistent approach to help rough sleepers outside of our branches. So we know what to do to give people the best, most appropriate help.
HomelessWise training and support portal
Extending this expertise to other businesses is HomelessWise (opens in a new window), St Mungo’s training and support programme. We're the first on the high street and in financial services, to support HomelessWise. We hope that other high street retailers will follow our lead. This would make a real difference to those in need.
You can help too by letting local authorities know about rough sleeping (opens in a new window). This helps them find people in need and connect them to support.
British Red Cross
We’re set up to help the British Red Cross whenever a crisis strikes. We can take donations in our branches and send the funds direct to the charity.
Supporting our people to volunteer and fundraise
Helping us all to make a big difference, we:
- offer two days paid volunteering leave a year. We’ve offered an additional three days for coronavirus related volunteering.
- match fundraising for UK registered charities, up to £100 per colleague.
- have a grant pot of £200,000 each year. Colleagues can apply for a grant of up to £10,000 for a charity close to their heart.
- enable colleagues to donate the last pence of their monthly pay to one of our charity partners each month.
- have a network of more than 450 social investment champions encouraging their colleagues to get involved.