We work with our charity partner Shelter to help people into safe and secure homes. We also support our people to volunteer and fundraise for charities close to their hearts.
Supporting Shelter since 2001
Like Shelter, we believe everyone should have a place they can call home. For more than two decades we’ve been working together to provide much needed support and during this time, our customers and colleagues have:
- donated more than £8 million
- helped more than 145,000 people facing a housing emergency
- supported Shelter’s helplines, for those facing homelessness
- worked together on policy and campaigns that make a difference to people in housing need.
Can you help a family into their own home this Christmas?
This Christmas, 145,000 children in the UK will be homeless. Living in cramped, temporary accommodation, sharing kitchens and bathrooms with total strangers.
Families are often placed in unsuitable temporary accommodation, never knowing when it is time to pack up again and move on.
The rise in the cost of living affects more and more people, with families being made homeless with little or no options.
Donating to Shelter, no matter how big or small, could help a family into their own home this winter.
More than fundraising
By working closely together with Shelter, we’ve been able to share insights and influence the type of changes that have a positive impact on the housing emergency. This includes us being the first mainstream buy-to-let lender to offer tenants the option of longer-term contracts.
British Red Cross
We’re set up to help the British Red Cross whenever a crisis strikes. We can take donations in our branches and send the funds direct to the charity.
Supporting our people to volunteer and fundraise
Helping us all to make a big difference, we:
- offer two days paid volunteering leave a year.
- match fundraising for UK registered charities, up to £100 per colleague.
- have a grant pot of £500,000 each year. Colleagues can apply for a grant of up to £10,000 for a charity close to their heart.
- enable colleagues to donate the last pence of their monthly pay to one of our charity partners each month.
- have a network of more than 250 social investment champions encouraging their colleagues to get involved.