8 February 2019
Today, Nationwide has re-launched its savings range with new rates for its three and five-year Bonds and Fixed Rate ISAs (FRISA).
The accounts offer competitive rates of interest. The new rates for annual interest are:
- One Year Fixed Rate Bond – 0.80% AER/gross p.a.
- One Year Fixed Rate ISA – 0.80% AER/tax-free
- Two Year Fixed Rate Bond – 1.10% AER/gross p.a.
- Two Year Fixed Rate ISA – 1.10% AER/tax-free
- Three Year Fixed Rate Bond – 1.30% AER/gross p.a.
- Three Year Fixed Rate ISA – 1.30% AER/tax-free
- Five Year Fixed Rate Bond – 1.60% AER/gross p.a.
- Five Year Fixed Rate ISA – 1.60% AER/tax-free
The rates are available for balances of £1 or more and monthly interest options are available on all Bonds and FRISAs for those who prefer to get a regular income from their savings. FRISAs also accept transfers in, so customers can move ISA balances from other providers.
The accounts can be opened in branch, while existing members can open accounts through the website, via Nationwide’s Online Bank or Mobile Banking App.
The one and two-year Bonds and FRISAs remain unchanged, however all previous issues of these Bonds and FRISAs will be withdrawn from sale at close of business on midnight 7th February 2019.
Notes to Editors:
AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and illustrates what the interest rate would be if interest were paid and compounded once each year. Tax-free is the contractual rate of interest payable where interest is exempt from income tax.
|Term of bond
||One year or less
|Loss of interest