We are committed to keeping you and your money safe while using our Banking app. Our app, just like our Internet Bank, uses 128-bit secure encryption to ensure any data transmitted cannot be intercepted, so you can do your banking without any worries.
And whenever you use our Banking app or Internet Bank, you’re covered by our Digital Banking Promise: if you lose money as a result of fraud through our Internet Bank or Banking app, we'll put the money back in your account immediately, as required by legislation. This means that you won't lose a penny if we find that you have been the victim of fraud.
Here's how you can help protect yourself online :
- Don’t let others use your phone or tablet, and keep digital devices secure with password locks.
- Never store log in details on your device.
- Don't do your banking using unsecured WI-FI networks (in cafes or train stations, for example).
- Do virus checks on your devices, and keep your operating system up to date (if you can't upgrade, you can still use the app but won't have access to new functionality).
- Report lost or stolen cards or devices. You're protected, but we recommend you deactivate the app. Your accounts can't be accessed without your Internet Bank log in details.
- Know how to change your Internet Bank details if they've been compromised.
See more ways to protect yourself online.