We take your security very seriously, so your passnumber will allow you to complete security checks, so we can be sure its really you if you need to speak to us.
Depending on the type of account you have, your passnumber can also give you full access to our automated service.
You can register for a passnumber today, all you need is your account number to hand.
How does it work?
Whenever you call us, you need to us who you are by entering one of the following:
- Your customer number,
- Your 16-digit debit card number (not a credit card) or
- Your account number (current, savings, mortgage or personal loan)
You will then be asked to enter random digits from your Telephone Banking passnumber to complete security. Once completed you will hear the main menu to the automated service where you can either choose an option or tell us in your own words what you would like to do.
If your account(s) doesn’t have access to the automated service, your passnumber will allow you to fully complete security checks meaning that once you get through to an adviser, they’ll know its you and can immediately start helping you with your query.
What can I do in Telephone Banking?
- Find out the balance on your account
- Hear the last six transactions on your account, debits and credits
- Make internal transfers to accounts held in your name (excluding a Nationwide Credit Card)
- Request a pin reminder for card-based accounts
- Change your Telephone Banking passnumber