If your term includes part of a year your early access charge will be calculated based on the next whole year e.g. 18 month term = the 2 year early access charge.
- If the account is closed, the whole deposit may be withdrawn immediately, less any early access charge, by cheque against cleared funds. Withdrawals in cash will not be permitted. If there is insufficient earned interest on the account to meet the early access charge, then all or part of the charge will be taken from the balance in the account.
- Additional deposits to the account after opening are not permitted.
- We may from time to time issue other fixed term accounts at different interest rates or terms without offering you the opportunity to transfer your deposit to the new account free of these conditions.
- Interest can either be paid annually or monthly:
- Annual interest is paid once a year and on maturity and can be paid into the account or paid directly into a Nationwide savings account (subject to the terms and conditions of the receiving account), or current account held with us or any other provider. The date of payment of that interest is specific to each Fixed Rate ISA or Tracker ISA issue. Please refer to the rate information you were given at the time you opened your account or ask in branch.
- Monthly interest is paid on the last day of each calendar month and on maturity and can only be paid directly into a Nationwide savings account (subject to the terms and conditions of the receiving account) or current account held with us or any other provider. The last monthly interest payment will be added to the account and not paid to any other account you have nominated to receive interest payments.
- When the term is not a full year and you have not chosen to receive monthly interest, interest is paid into your account on maturity.
- Before your account matures we will write to you with your reinvestment options. If we do not hear from you we will transfer your balance together with interest into another Nationwide cash ISA when your account matures.