You’ll need to complete our Inheritance ISA pack. You can do this online or pop into a Nationwide branch to pick one up.
This will ask you for information, including:
- the date of your marriage or civil partnership
- your partner’s date of birth and the date they passed away
- your partner’s address at the time they passed away
- yours and your partner’s National Insurance numbers
- if this will be your first Nationwide account, you’ll also need to show us some ID, such as your passport or driving licence
Once we receive the pack, we will register your total inherited ISA allowance based on the ISAs your partner had (with Nationwide and, if relevant, with other providers).
We will be able to register your inherited ISA allowance from an ISA(s) held with Nationwide within 5 to 10 working days. If we need to contact other ISA providers, this may take up to 30 working days.
Then we’ll write to you to confirm your total inherited ISA allowance.
At this stage, you’re registering the inherited ISA allowance, not moving any money.
You can register an inherited ISA allowance:
- with multiple providers
(in separate accounts with separate inherited ISA allowances)
- with a single provider
(in one account where all of your inherited ISA allowances are combined)