Choosing to go paperless is a great way to reduce waste and help the environment. You can update your paperless settings in the Internet Bank or our Banking app.
From 8 October 2018, Nationwide is making even more communications available in paperless format.
As well as statements, you’ll receive other documents – including documents and notices – in digital format (text or PDF).
These will be sent to the email address you’ve given us, or delivered to you via the Internet Bank or Banking app.
When you go paperless
Where possible, we'll send you electronic versions (text or PDF) of statements, documents, notifications and communications. These will be sent to the email address you’ve given us, or delivered to you via the Internet Bank or Banking app.
When your monthly statement is available, we’ll email you. The statement will also tell you if you’ve incurred any fees in the past month.
You can view transactions from the past 15 months in the Internet Bank or on our Banking app at any time.
You can check your statements in the Internet Bank. This will help you spot any transactions you're unsure of, and show you any charges you've incurred.
If you hold a joint account and you don't receive separate statements, please make sure all account holders are happy if you decide to go paperless.
How to go paperless using our Internet Bank
- Log in to the Internet Bank
- Go to the ‘Manage’ tab
- Under the ‘My settings’ menu, choose ‘Go paperless’
- You can now either select the accounts for which you’d like to go paperless, or your can go paperless in one click by selecting ‘Stop all paper statements’
How to go paperless using our Banking app
- Log in to our Banking app
- Go to the menu icon at the top right of the screen
- Choose ‘Details & Settings’ from the menu
- Choose ‘Paperless Settings’ from the next menu – this is where you can select whether to go paperless or not