We will need evidence of your income if you are:
- Self Employed (and you must live in a property that you own), or
- A Company Director owning more than 20% of the share capital & taking dividends which you are classing as income, or
- Using rental income to support your loan application.
We will ask you for the following documents when you apply, or you may wish to have it ready beforehand.
- If you use an accountant, you can ask them to certify your income (your accountant may well charge for this).
- If you are registered for self assessment, you can print and send your latest Tax Calculation / Assessment
(this must be complete and submitted)
- You can write to the Inland Revenue and ask for your SA302, which is your Tax Assessment
- You will need to provide a year's worth of income proof.
These documents should not be more than 18 months later than the end of the period they relate to.