How do I cancel a standing order?
You can cancel a standing order:
- in the Banking app or the Internet Bank - cancel it by 8:30pm, at least one working day before the payment is due
- in branch - by 5pm, at least one working day before the payment is due
- over the phone - at least three working days before the payment is due.
Cancel it in the Internet Bank
- Log in to the Internet Bank.
- Click on the 'Move money' tab at the top of the page.
- From the 'View outgoing payments' box, choose the right account and press 'Go'.
- From the list, find the payment you want to cancel.
- From the dropdown list next to the payment, select 'Cancel all payments to this payee'.
- Select 'Go'.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Do you want to skip a payment, or change the payment details?
You can skip the next payment or make certain changes to it without cancelling it.
You won't be able to change the payee account number and sort code. You'll need to cancel the standing order and set up another one with the new payment details.
Can't find the standing order you want to cancel?
If it's not listed alongside your other standing orders, it might be a recurring card payment.
Don't have internet banking?
We can help you with your standing order in branch, or you can call us on 0800 30 20 11 between 8am and 8pm. You'll need to have your account details and the payee's details to hand.
We can help you with your standing order in branch, or you can call us on 0800 30 20 11 between 8am and 8pm. You'll need to have your account details and the payee's details to hand.Find your nearest branch
Did you find this page helpful?
Great! Thanks for your feedback.
Thanks for your time - it's really appreciated. We read every comment but unfortunately, we won't be able to respond to you directly. If you'd like help from a member of our support team, please contact us.