You can send an unlimited amount using the CHAPS payment service.
It costs £20 to send a CHAPS payment, but nothing to receive.
- CHAPS payments can only be processed on weekdays.
- If the CHAPS payment is sent before 3pm, it should arrive by 5.30pm the same day.
- If the CHAPS payment is sent after 3pm, it should arrive by 5.30pm the next working day.
To make a CHAPS payment, you’ll need:
- the name, address, sort code and account number of the payee
- the name of their bank
- a card reader (for the Internet Bank).