As the third party, you can only have access to their passbook savings account. You cannot access any other account, nor any information that we hold about the account holder and their other accounts.
One off withdrawals
If you have been authorised to make a one off withdrawal, the account holder must state the type and amount of withdrawal on the request form. This could be:
- Cash withdrawal up to £500 (limit may vary depending on account type)
- Cheque withdrawal up to £5000, made payable to a person or organisation specified by the account holder (it cannot be made payable to you)
You will only be able to make this one withdrawal, at this one time.
Short term regular access
If you have been authorised to make regular withdrawals for a short period of time, you can:
- Withdraw up to £500 a day cash
- Withdraw up to £5,000 a day by banker's cheque, as long as it’s not payable to you
- Transfer up to £5,000 a day to any account in the holder’s name only
The account may have withdrawal and transfer restrictions within the account terms and conditions, and these will still apply.
Important: Whenever you come into branch to make a transaction, you must bring the passbook and your proof of ID and address.
There will still only be one passbook on the account and the account holder remains in control.