When acting as a deputy with Nationwide, you cannot:
- Use or apply for credit
We cannot let deputies run up unsecured debt in someone else’s name. This means you cannot apply for credit cards, overdrafts or loans. But you can pay off existing debt and manage mortgage payments.
- Access all types of accounts
We cannot register deputies on the following savings accounts: Treasurer’s Trust, PortfolioInvestor, Business Investor or Child Trust Fund.
- Use telephone banking for payments or transfers
You can call us to ask questions about the account, but deputies cannot transact on the phone.
- Use the Nationwide Banking app
Deputies cannot use our Banking app yet, but you may be able to use our Internet Bank.
- Have a card if:
- Your Order document has restrictions on what you can do with that account. For example, there’s a limit to how much money you can access.
- You’re acting ‘Jointly’ with another deputy. This means you have to make decisions together.
Safeguarding and security
Your deputy must always act in your best interests. For your protection, we may sometimes refuse transactions or contact the Office of the Public Guardian to discuss them.