Flexclusive Regular Saver 2 Key Product Information
This Key Product Information gives you information that is specific to the particular savings account you have with us. It forms part of the terms and conditions of your account and needs to be read together with the other documents that make up your agreement. If anything is inconsistent between those documents and this Key Product Information, this Key Product Information will apply.
Flexclusive Regular Saver 2
This account is designed exclusively for our current account customers who want to save regularly but may also need access to their money.
Conditions for holding your account
- You need to be aged 18 or over.
- You must hold any one of a FlexOne, a FlexAccount, a FlexStudent, a FlexGraduate, a FlexDirect or a FlexPlus as your main current account.
- For your FlexAccount to qualify as your main current account, at any time, you must either:
- Have paid at least £750 into the current account each month for the preceding three months (excluding transfers from another Nationwide account); or
- Have completed a current account switch from a non-Nationwide current account, using our Current Account Switch Team, during the preceding four months.
- If, at any time, you no longer hold one of these current accounts or fail to meet the above terms, we may transfer your money to another instant access savings account. The terms and conditions and the interest rate applicable to that account at that time, will apply. We will personally notify you before making this transfer.
- You cannot pay more than £250 as your initial deposit into this account.
- The account can be held in a sole name or in joint names with a maximum of two joint account holders. Only one of the account holders must hold one of the current accounts listed above as their main current account but, otherwise, all account holders must meet these conditions for holding the account.
- You can only be the first named account holder of one Regular Saver, Flexclusive Regular Saver or Flexclusive Regular Saver 2 account, which can be held in either sole or joint names.
- The account can be held in trust, provided that the account beneficiary meets all other conditions for holding this account.
- There is a 12 month fixed term for this account, beginning on the day you open the account.
- After the fixed term ends your money will be transferred into a Flexclusive Saver account or the nearest equivalent account, if the Flexclusive Saver account isn’t available. The terms and conditions and the interest rate applicable to that account, at that time, will apply. We will personally notify you before making this transfer.
Managing your account
- You can access your account in any of the following ways:
- Via the Internet Bank or Banking app (if you are registered to use the Internet Bank).
- In branch.
Earning interest on money in your account
- Interest is paid annually at the end of the day before each anniversary of the account opening and on the date your account is closed.
- You can choose to have interest paid to you by having it added to this account, or by asking us to pay it into a different Nationwide current or savings account (as long as it is possible to make interest payments into that account) or a current account with another building society or bank.
- The interest rate payable on the account is variable.
Restrictions on paying money into your account
- You cannot pay money into your account by CHAPS.
- Otherwise, you can pay money into your account at any time using any of the methods set out in the Savings General Terms and Conditions, however the increase in your balance cannot exceed £250 at any time during a month. Interest calculated on your account balance and added to the account is not counted towards your £250 monthly limit.
- If you withdraw money from your account during the month you can replace the money you have withdrawn provided it is paid back into the account in the same month.
- If any amount you pay in would increase the balance in your account by more than £250 in that month the whole amount of that payment will be rejected. Any rejected electronic payments will be returned to the account the payment was made from.
Restrictions on withdrawing money from your account
- Faster Payments are not available for making withdrawals from your account.
- Otherwise, you can get access to your money without any additional restrictions other than those set out in the ‘Withdrawing money from your account’ section of the Savings General Terms and Conditions.
Important related links
Protecting your money
The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (opens in a new window) (FSCS) is a free, independent service that protects up to £85,000 of your eligible money at Nationwide.