Direct Cash ISA Key Product Information
This Key Product Information gives you information that is specific to the particular savings account you have with us. It forms part of the terms and conditions of your account and needs to be read together with the other documents that make up your agreement. If anything is inconsistent between those documents and this Key Product Information, this Key Product Information will apply.
Direct Cash ISA
This account is designed for those who want to save within a tax-free cash ISA, but still want access to their money.‘Nominated Account’ means the account which you have nominated to make withdrawals into which is either:
- A current account or savings account held with Nationwide in your name (either held in your sole name or jointly); or
- A current account held with another UK provider on which you are a named account holder and which can receive payments in by Faster Payments.
Conditions for holding your account
- You need to be aged 16 or over.
- There is no fixed term for this account.
Managing your account
- You can access your account in any of the following ways:
- Via the Internet Bank or our Banking app (if you are registered to use the Internet Bank).
- In branch.
Earning interest on money in your account
- Interest is paid annually on 30 September each year and on the date your account is closed.
- You can choose to have interest paid to you by having it added to this account, or by asking us to pay it into a different Nationwide current or savings account (as long as it is possible to make interest payments into that account) or a current account with another building society or bank.
- The interest rate payable on the account will depend on the issue number and is variable. The issue number of the account is available on the Internet Bank or by contacting us. From time to time, the account may have tiered interest rates, based on the balance in your account. Where this is the case, the interest rate payable on each tier is variable. When the balance in your account changes, taking you into a different tier, the interest rate for the new tier will be applied automatically.
Restrictions on paying money into your account
- There are no additional restrictions on paying money into this account or transferring in money from another ISA manager other than those set out in the Cash ISA General Terms and Conditions.
Restrictions on withdrawing money from your account
- You can get access to your money, including transferring all or part of the account balance to another ISA manager, without any additional restrictions other than those set out in the Cash ISA General Terms and Conditions.
- In addition to the ways set out in the Cash ISA General Terms and Conditions, you can withdraw money from your account by sending it to your Nominated Account. Withdrawals to a Nationwide current or savings account will be sent by internal transfer. Withdrawals to your Nominated Account held with another UK provider will be sent using Faster Payments.
- You can ask us to send money to your Nominated Account held with another UK provider at any time using the Internet Bank or in branch. We will accept your instruction when you ask us to make the Faster Payment and the money will normally arrive at the provider that holds your Nominated Account within two hours. You cannot normally cancel a Faster Payment after we have accepted your instruction.
Important related links
Protecting your money
The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (opens in a new window) (FSCS) is a free, independent service that protects up to £85,000 of your eligible money at Nationwide.