To open this account you must:
- aged 16 or over
- have been a continuous member* of Nationwide for a minimum of 1 year
- not have paid in more than the annual ISA allowance in total to a cash ISA, a stocks and shares ISA, an innovative
finance ISA and a Lifetime ISA in this tax year
- not have paid in to a cash ISA with another ISA manager in this tax year (unless you are transferring the money
paid in to the other cash ISA to this one)
- be resident in the UK for tax purposes or, if not so resident, either perform duties which, by virtue of
Section 28 of Income Tax (Earnings & Pensions) Act 2003 (Crown employees serving overseas), are treated
as being performed in the UK, or you must be married to, or in a civil partnership with, a person who
performs such duties.
You can open this account with a minimum of £1 up to a maximum of the annual ISA allowance (currently £20,000 for tax year 2018/19).
You can also transfer existing ISA funds into the account at any time.
*What is a member?
A member means a customer with a Nationwide current account, savings account or mortgage. The following product holdings don't carry membership rights: corporate deposit accounts, personal loans, credit cards, insurance products, products offered by subsidiaries of the Society such as The Mortgage Works (UK) plc.
If you were a member of another building society that has merged with Nationwide, this will count towards your length of membership with Nationwide. For all ex-Dunfermline customers, your membership date starts on 30 March 2009 as this was an acquisition rather than a merger.
You can open this account:
If you already have an ISA with us or another ISA manager, you can transfer your existing ISA funds to this ISA in branch or via an online application form on nationwide.co.uk/isas
You can manage your account:
- via the Internet Bank, or our Banking app - if you're registered
- in branch
It’s easy to move your savings between your existing Nationwide savings account or to open a new savings account with us. Simply go to nationwide.co.uk, use the Internet Bank or our Banking app or visit one of our branches.