To open this account:
- you need to be aged 16 or over
- you can open this account with a minimum of £1 up to a maximum of the annual ISA allowance (currently £20,000 for tax year 2018/19)
- you can also transfer existing ISA funds into the account at any time.
- you’ll need to have been a continuous member* of Nationwide for a minimum of 1 year.
- not have paid in more than the annual ISA allowance in total to a cash ISA, a stocks and shares ISA, an innovative
finance ISA and a Lifetime ISA in this tax year
- not have paid in to a cash ISA with another ISA manager in this tax year (unless you are transferring the money
paid in to the other cash ISA to this one)
- be resident in the UK for tax purposes or, if not so resident, either perform duties which, by virtue of
Section 28 of Income Tax (Earnings & Pensions) Act 2003 (Crown employees serving overseas), are treated
as being performed in the UK, or you must be married to, or in a civil partnership with, a person who
performs such duties.
*What is a member?
A member means a customer with a Nationwide current account, savings account or mortgage. The following product holdings don't carry membership rights: corporate deposit accounts, personal loans, credit cards, insurance products, products offered by subsidiaries of the Society such as The Mortgage Works (UK) plc.
If you were a member of another building society that has merged with Nationwide, this will count towards your length of membership with Nationwide. For all ex-Dunfermline customers, your membership date starts on 30 March 2009 as this was an acquisition rather than a merger.
You can open this account:
If you already have an ISA with us or another provider, you can transfer your existing ISA to us in branch or via an online application form on nationwide.co.uk/isas
You can manage your account:
It’s easy to move your savings between your existing Nationwide savings account or to open a new savings account with us. Simply go to nationwide.co.uk, use the Internet Bank or our Banking app or visit one of our branches.