Apply for a Mutual Respect Grant
Our Mutual Respect Grant fund
Here at Nationwide Building Society, we want to help create a society that's built on mutual respect. Which is why we’ve partnered with Football Associations across the UK to help promote respect on and off the pitch.
With The FA's Respect Programme, The Scottish FA's Positive Play campaign, the FAW's Fair Play Awards and the Irish FA's Back in the Game programme, we hope to make the game a more respectful and positive.
Thanks to the fantastic response from people across the UK signing their support for our respect partnerships, we’re donating £50,000 to our Mutual Respect Grants fund to help grassroot football teams across the UK continue to build mutual respect on and off the pitch.
If you and your club are passionate about building mutual respect within grassroots football, then why not see if you qualify to apply for one of our grants.
50 clubs will be chosen to receive a grant of £1000 each. The clubs will be chosen from all valid entries by a panel of judges from Nationwide Building Society plus an independent judge against the following criteria:
- What the club has done to increase mutual respect on or off the pitch
- How they achieved it
- The impact the club had.
How to apply
Simply complete the application form below, telling us about your club and why mutual respect is important to you.
The promotion is open to football clubs in England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland, that meet the following eligibility criteria:
- England Football accredited clubs and leagues
- FA Affiliated Disability Leagues
- FA Women's National League Clubs
- Clubs constituted and operating in England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland
- Professional clubs
- Profit-making organisations
- Schools or other education establishments
- Local authorities, parish, town councils or leisure trust
- Individuals or sole traders
- Not for profit clubs or voluntary groups including registered charities, social enterprises, and community interest companies
- Any other constitution not listed as eligible
Mutual Respect Grant application form
Please provide as much information as possible to support your application. It helps the judging panel when awarding one of our £1000 grants.
The information included in your application will also be shared with Football Associations across the UK to confirm that clubs are FA affiliated.
Make your application
Applications for Mutual Respect Grants have now closed.
If you've any questions about your application please contact the team by sending an email to Mutual.Respect@nationwide.co.uk
Before you apply
- Applicants must be a member or associate of the club and aged 18-years or over
- The donation can only be paid into a club bank account and cannot be received by any one individual.