Choose an investment online
If you’re a member and comfortable choosing an investment, you can begin investing now. Our step-by-step guide lets you choose the fund that’s right for you.
Investing through Nationwide
Investing for 6 years or more could help grow your money faster than savings, helping you beat inflation and build a nest egg for the future.
We’ve worked with Aegon, our trusted third-party investments provider, to bring you a simple range of 4 carefully selected funds. By investing with us, you can:
- Invest with a lump sum, monthly payments or both, plus you can top up anytime.
- Choose a Stocks and Shares ISA to maximise your ISA allowance; we also offer a General Investment Account.
- Check how your fund is doing online, by logging in to your Aegon Customer Dashboard.
- Get quarterly statements on your investment’s performance.
- Withdraw your money and switch between funds, without penalty charges.
Bear in mind, Nationwide sells funds, products and the platform as a package. These may be available separately outside Nationwide through other providers.
Want to learn more about investing? Read our Nationwide investments guide.
To apply for an investment online
You need to:
- Have £20 or more to invest.
- Be aged 18 or over.
- Be a UK resident.
- Be a Nationwide member.
You’re a member if you have a Nationwide mortgage, savings or current account.
The value of your investment can go down as well as up so you may get back less than you originally invested.
It’s important to invest for at least 6 years to help ride out any changes in the market. That said, you can take out your money at any time.
How to choose your own investment
When to invest
Consider whether investing is right for you. Find out more about when to invest and learn about risk.
Browse our simple range of managed multi-asset funds. To find the best fit for you, check the fund’s assets, risk profile, charges and past performance.
Choose an investment account and confirm you’re a member, then we’ll direct you to Aegon’s website to complete your investment application.
Choose an investment fund for full details of its assets, risk profile, charges and past performance.
To keep things simple, this range of 4 investment funds are all:
- Provided by Aegon, our trusted third-party investments partner.
- Multi-asset, meaning they invest in a range of assets, from cash and bonds (usually lower risk) to shares (usually higher risk).
- Aiming to provide long term growth.
An investment fund is a pool of money that a number of investors pay into. It is used to collectively invest in assets, such as company shares. Fund Managers aim to keep the fund performing at its specified risk level.
Not sure about investing?
If you’re not sure which investments are right for you, our expert Financial Advisers can help. Based on your circumstances and goals, they can recommend a fund and investment account to suit your needs. This service has an additional cost, which we’ll outline beforehand.
If you’re not comfortable with the risks involved with investing, browse our savings accounts
Attend our investments event
On Wednesday 17 November 2021, we're hosting a free online event about investing through Nationwide. We'll introduce the basics like funds, risk profiles and advice. And you can ask any questions you may have.