Choose an investment online
If you're a member and confident choosing your own investment, start here. Choose one of four expertly created and managed funds.
Investing through Nationwide
We've worked with Aegon, our trusted investments provider, to bring you a range of carefully selected funds.
By investing with us, you can:
- Invest with a lump sum, monthly payments or both.
- Maximise your ISA allowance with a Stocks and Shares ISA, or we offer a General Investment Account.
- Get quarterly statements on your investment's performance.
- Keep an eye on your investments and make any changes by logging in to Aegon’s dashboard.
- Withdraw your money and switch between investments without penalty charges.
Bear in mind, we offer the investments and access to Aegon's dashboard as a package. They may be available separately through other providers.
Who are Aegon
Aegon are our investments provider, and one of the largest asset management companies in the UK. We’ve worked with them to create the range of funds we offer to our members, expertly balancing expected returns and risk.
To apply for an investment online
You need to:
- Have £20 or more to invest.
- Be aged 18 or over.
- Be a UK resident.
- Be a Nationwide member.
You’re a member if you have a Nationwide mortgage, savings or current account.
The value of your investments can go down as well as up and you may get back less than you originally invested.
Investing is a long-term strategy. You should be comfortable investing for at least 6 years to ride out fluctuations in the market, but you can take your money out at any time without paying a withdrawal fee.
Read our beginner’s guide to investing to find out how investing works and how to get started.
Know the investment risks
Before you invest, read our when to invest guide to make sure it’s right for your circumstances and that you understand the risks.
How to choose your own investment
Check the details of each fund and find the one with the level of risk you're most comfortable with.
Choose a fund and confirm you're a member. We'll then direct you to Aegon's website to complete your application.
Choose an investment fund for full details of its assets, risk profile, charges and past performance.
To keep things simple, this range of four investment funds are all:
- Supplied by Aegon, our trusted investments provider.
- Multi-asset, meaning they invest in a range of assets, from cash and bonds (usually lower risk) to shares (usually higher risk).
- Aiming to provide long term growth.
An investment fund is a pool of money that a number of investors pay into. It is used to collectively invest in assets, such as company shares. Fund Managers aim to keep the fund performing at its specified risk level.
Not sure about investing?
If you’re not sure which investments are right for you, our expert financial advisers can help. Based on your circumstances and goals, they can recommend a fund and investment account to suit your needs. This service has an additional cost, which we’ll outline beforehand.
If you’re not comfortable with the risks involved with investing, browse our savings accounts