How to change a standing order
This page explains how you can change a standing order, in the Internet Bank, by phone or in branch.
Make sure you leave enough time before the payment is due - the timings change depending on how you tell us.
If you need to change the payee account number or sort code, you'll need to cancel the standing order and set up a new one.
In the Internet Bank
If you want to change or cancel a future dated payment that’s due to leave your account tomorrow, you must do so by 10pm today.
If you want to change, skip or cancel a standing order payment that’s due to leave your account tomorrow, you must do so by 8.30pm on the working day before the payment is due to leave your account.
To change or skip a standing order:
- Log in to the Internet Bank.
- Choose the Move money tab.
- From the View outgoing payments box, choose the right account and thenGo.
- From the list, find and select the payment you want to change.
- Select Go.
- Follow the instructions to make the change.
By phone or in branch
We can help you with your standing order in branch or over the phone if you don’t have internet banking. You'll need to have your account details and the payee's details to hand.