How to change a standing order
This page explains how you can change a standing order, in the Internet Bank, by phone or in branch. You'll need to leave enough time before the payment is due. The timings change depending on how you tell us.
If you need to change the payee account number or sort code, you'll need to cancel the standing order and set up a new one.
Through online banking
If you want to change or cancel a future dated payment that’s due to leave your account tomorrow, and today is a working day, you must do so by 10pm today. You can cancel up to 10pm on the working day before the working day the payment is due to be made.
To change or skip a standing order in the Internet Bank:
- Log into the Internet Bank.
- Choose the Move money tab.
- From the View outgoing payments box, choose the right account and then Go.
- From the list, find and select the payment you want to change.
- Select Go.
- Follow the instructions to make the change.
To change or skip a standing order in our Banking app:
- Log into the Banking app.
- From the main menu, choose Payments & Transfers.
- Select View & cancel payments.
- Choose the standing order you want to change or skip from the Standing Order section.
- Tap on Amend this standing order or Cancel this standing order.
We can help you with your standing order over the phone if you don’t have internet banking. You'll need to have your account details and the payee's details to hand.
FlexAccount, FlexOne, FlexStudent, FlexGraduate, FlexBasic
Talk to us in person
We can help you with your standing order in branch if you don’t have internet banking. You'll need to have your account details and the payee's details to hand.
You can change a standing order up until closing, 1 working day before the payment is due.